1. We celebrate their achievements on our monthly All Hands, and tie their actions to the ways in which they express our values.
2. We introduce each new team member in our monthly company All Hands with a focus on what makes them individually unique (unrelated to their role).
3. We hold company lunches and dinners every other week.
4. We hold a monthly Anniversary "Wheel of Fortune" for team members to win fun prizes.
5. We hold a monthly Birthday "Wheel of Fortune" for team members to win fun prizes.
6. We match employee community service and donations to causes they believe in.
7. We subsidize inter-company visits between team members living in different countries, so they can build personal relationships with one another - work is fun when we're amongst great people!
8. We top up equity grants 1-2 times per year during employee milestones because we believe in rewarding folks with more company ownership.
9. The company kitchens are stocked with snacks when we're in the office (this is quite common for later stage company's, but still worth mentioning).
10. We designed the hybrid workplace model based on one-on-one conversations and survey feedback to give our team ownership over creating the experience.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace starts at the beginning of our hiring process during sourcing. We do so by skewing sourcing towards diverse candidates with respect to their background, skill set, perspective, ethnicity, and geography. By starting at the "top of the funnel" during sourcing, it gives companies an opportunity to source talented candidates while also designing the process to produce an outcome of diversity once a hiring decision has been made. We have teams based in New York, Texas, El Salvador, Brazil and Israel, which also contributes to the diversity in the company.
The highlight of working at Jones is our culture and our unique hybrid workplace. We provide a hybrid workplace experience where our team works in the office every other week, and 3 months out of the year our team works from anywhere (January, July, and August).
In terms of culture, our goal is to build a company where people feel ownership of their role and are able to grow and enrich their skills and experience. We also want to create an environment where people are challenged and encouraged to be entrepreneurial. We rely on our team to help identify and take action on initiatives that can move our business forward.
Elements of our culture that can be seen in every one of our people are the following: We get things done, period, full stop, We give help generously, We fall in love with customer problems, We feel the pain, then we fix the process, We take care of ourselves with rest, time away from work and simply having fun
The most tenacious team tackling the most unsexy problem in the built world.